Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crunches: Bicycle Crunches

I know, I know.  You're thinking, "Bicycle crunches?!  Who writes about those horrid things?"  Well, I've only been blogging about cookies and fattening coffee drinks and getting drunk for cheap, that I thought it'd be safe to throw in an exercise.  I'm just sorry it's a boring exercise.  But I promise it's helpful.  And you can watch TV while doing it. #winwinkinda

Anyway, bicycle crunches.  No, I have not found a way to make them more exciting or easier.  I have found a way to make them more effective, though.  Or at least I feel my obliques more when I do it this way.

Start laying down on your back with your legs in a table top position.  Crunch up, and move your right elbow toward your left knee as you extend your right leg out to a 45 degree angle.  Do this slowly.  Slowly bring it back to table top.  Repeat on the same side.  Not alternating sides as bicycle crunches are usually taught will make your obliques tire.  When your muscles tire and you push through, you are building muscle endurance and in turn will begin to shape and tone your muscles... or so I'm told in Pilates ;)  From personal experience, I definitely feel it a lot more in the correct areas and it allows you to concentrate on your form (and how awesome you will look in a bikini come summertime).

Such a boring post, I know.  But it's all about working out to be able to eat what we want ;) #skinnyfat

No comments:

Post a Comment