Monday, December 3, 2012

Cookies: Life's a Beach

Since it appears that the winter weather in Orange County is not showing its face this year, I thought it would be a perfect time to tell you about Beachcomber Cafe in Crystal Cove.

Although it's almost impossible to get a table without a reservation and/or without waiting for an hour plus, this place is worth it on a gorgeous day.  Not that the food is anything special, but Beachcomber truly allows you to appreciate where you live... near the beach!  The outdoor patio literally sits on the sand and you feel like you're in a completely different world.  Parking is across PCH, and you take the shuttle ($1 per person each way, so be sure to bring singles!) down to the beach.  I know, I said you'd have to wait forever for a table, but go to the bar!  Get yourself two or three Mai Tais and have yourself a little pretend Hawaiian vacay.  After all, you can walk off your buzz on the beach :)

I highly recommend the burger or the pesto portobello mushroom sandwich.  Don't opt for the salad.  I mean, you should never opt for the salad because fries are always better (regardless of where you go).  Duh.  A lot of the other dishes looked really tasty too.  The soups, specifically the baked bleu tomato, looked AMAZING.  I've never had a dinner entree because this is much more of a daytime spot, but I'm sure it's very romantic during sunset.

I wouldn't suggest getting a margarita.  It's $12 and the mix is just not good.  Stick with a beer or a mai tai if you want my 2 cents.

Oh, and FYI... yes, it's in Crystal Cove, but you'd never guess it because the prices are reasonable.  On a gorgeous and clear day, this is almost as good as a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment