Friday, November 9, 2012

Crunches: Current Workout Regimen

I guess I'll start on a high note and tell you about my current workout routine.

I'm lazy.  Every time I join a gym, I am basically donating a monthly fee.  I can't motivate myself to exercise whatsoever.  So, I'm stuck with taking classes.  Unfortunately, that means more $$$ per month, but at least I am putting those dollars to work.

I currently take Pilates group classes.  Pilates in general is expensive, but of course, I have found the most inexpensive way to do it.  I go to Pilates Plus OC, where there are 2 studios: Newport Beach and Costa Mesa.  I love this place.  I always describe it as "Pilates on crack".  Classy, I know.  It's not a traditional reformer... they call it a Megaformer.  Sounds cheesy, but it allows you to work on both the front and back of the machine, creating more exercises to do.  Pilates traditionally focuses on core strength, but I have seen a noticeable difference in my arms and legs as well.  Too bad I eat too much to actually see the difference in my mid-section, so you'll have to take my word for it... my core is strong.

Pilates Plus OC is great for lazy asses like myself.  Why?  1, it's expensive enough to where you want to get your money's worth.  2, there is a 24-hour cancellation policy that is strictly enforced.  If you don't make it to class, you are charged $25.  3, it's low impact, but you see results pretty quickly.  It's not super strenuous, so you don't even really have to be awake for those 6am classes.  The best part is, they offer an unlimited monthly package.  I pay $199/month and I take 5-6 (sometimes 7) classes a week.  This makes classes around $9-$10 each, which you'd never find anywhere else.  The Costa Mesa studio also offers a 10 class package for $150, which is still really inexpensive for Pilates... you just have to take from the good instructors who push you.  My suggestions: Kris, Vanessa, Emily.  Check them out... www.pilatesplusoc.com  #skinny #fatdeal

The only problem with Pilates, is that you need cardio too.  I know, I know... LAME!  So, me being the lazy bum, I have to take cardio classes too.  Barry's Bootcamp was probably the most intimidating thing ever.  It's a mix of interval training on the treadmills and weights for specific body parts depending on the day.  My apartment is literally walking distance from here, but obviously the only thing that brought me in was the Groupon deal.  Duh.  I was super nervous I was going to pass out or worse, have to walk out embarrassed, but I made it through the first class... now, I'm hooked.  It's kind of ridiculous to pay for a workout that you can do on your own, but if you're unmotivated like I am, it's definitely worth it.  You'll feel like you can eat whatever you want because you just torched a bajillion calories.  And trust me, I take advantage of that eating feeling ;)  Their prices are a little steep, but they do offer a student discount and package deals.  Look 'em up... www.barrysbootcamp.com  #skinny #cardio #crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment